Monday, August 17, 2015

Chicken Pie from Bocachica



This August we are having fun exploring our church cookbook, we are putting some of the recipes to the test. How will they turn out when we make them? I asked the ladies of the church to pick out a recipe, prepare it and send me a pic. I will be adding a new recipe picture every day as they come in. I hope you enjoy our culinary adventure. 


A really special surprise for us ... a recipe tried by Tara and her girls! 

Hello! Hope you are doing well! Thanks for the recipes and idea to share a blog about the cookbook. We have enjoyed it, :)

We cooked Michelle's chicken pie today. A perfect way to spend some time with all 4 of my girls. For the recipe, the only thing I added was 2 cloves of garlic with the vegetables. 

For the vegetables we used: celery, carrots, potatoes, and corn.
And due to not having shortening available here, we choose to make a biscuit crust instead of a pastry crust. 

Kristen is busy cutting up veggies for Chicken pie :)


 Alicia making a biscuit topping for the chicken pie. 


 Chicken pie.....waiting for the topping...;) Looks good!


My helpers! 


 Here is the finished product! All of my kids loved it. :) 
Now, I will say this, we added a lot of chicken. 
(I have a lot of people to feed) 
I think next time I would double the cream sauce to make it a little wetter. Other than that...Perfection!

Yum! I bet all that added chicken was really good. Your chicken pie was probably gone in no time.  
Recipe found on page 36. 

What a really sweet glimpse into your world. 
Thank you for sharing it with us. 
((HUGS)) 

Here is their latest blog update 
http://colombiamissionfamily.blogspot.com/2015/08/eight-is-enough.html

No comments:

Post a Comment