Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Revival


We are the church. I am, you are. 

Revival begins within our relationship with God Almighty. One by one. 

More and more, it seems the Lord is telling me to keep my eyes on Him. 

Thank you for a good sermon this week, 
Jeremy Troxler. 
We read Acts 6:7. In all my years of Bible study I don't remember that verse. 

"And the word of God continued to increase, and the number of the disciples multiplied greatly in Jerusalem, and a great many of the priest became obedient to the faith. "

I'm itching to do a study on that phrase word of God but until I do, I can count on one basic principle and that is, it all starts with God's Word. 

As I read our month's book club selection, I am continually reminded that the Chinese disciples grew because they spent time in "carefully prepared study

Hmm, I don't spend much time in carefully prepared study. Except that I go to church on Sunday. I am CONFIDENT that Mark's sermons are carefully prepared. 

I am wondering if there is a next step. 

I have been a Christian for many years, isn't it time for me to be doing the carefully prepared study for women or children that the Lord would bring into my life? 

Revival. I'm sure it starts with my heart filled with the living God. 

And we know how to get filled ... the word of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment