Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Roasted Italian Sausage with tomatoes and white beans

This August we are having fun exploring our church cookbook, we are putting some of the recipes to the test. How will they turn out when we make them? I asked the ladies of the church to pick out a recipe, prepare it and send me a pic. I will be adding a new recipe picture every day as they come in. I hope you enjoy our culinary adventure. 

Roasted Italian Sausage with Tomatoes and White Beans by Kelly
Recipe 5 

Kelly wrote "Here's my version of Miss Jeanne Southern's "Roasted Italian Sausage with tomatoes and white beans".


1. I did some substitutions. Instead of sweet italian sausage, I used a mild spicy italian sausage. Also I used garlic powder to taste instead of garlic cloves. Oh, and I cooked it in a 9x13 glass casserole dish instead of a roasting pan.


2. Tips I would give is to read through the recipe entirely before starting to make any dish. Also prep all ingredients prior to starting a recipe, even if the ingredient isn't needed for a while.


3. This dish was super easy and the aromatic effect while it was cooking was truly mouthwatering.


4. Please ignore the basil in the first picture..."basil" did a photo bomb :)


5. I would recommend this recipe for a fall or even winter dish as it's very hearty and warm. Also I would serve it with some toasted french bread.

Blessings,
Kelly Garcia








 

Thank you, Kelly. Your pictures make it look delicious! I appreciate your helpful hints too!

Ladies, this is so much fun. Thank you all for your contributions. I have more in my email that I will be posting in the next few day.

((HUGS))

No comments:

Post a Comment