Friday, March 18, 2011




Our God shows us how to walk

Cindy shared with us some thoughts that will encourage us in our daily walk. 

Cindy writes .. 

I was reading my Daily Light on the evening of March 12, and saw these verses about things that are pleasing in God’s sight. As I read them, I was struck by what pleases God, especially the verses that speak of offering praise. I want to meditate on them and pray that God will make me pleasing to Him in my worship, obedience, and in the meditations of my heart. 
I take comfort in Psalm 149:4, that 

“The Lord takes pleasure in His people,” just because we are His.


Things that are pleasing in His sight.

Without faith it is impossible to please Him
.
* Those who are in the flesh cannot please God.* 

The Lord takes pleasure in His people.

This is commendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully. But when you do good and suffer for it, if you take it patiently, this is commendable before God.

* The beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit,…is very precious in the sight of God.

Whoever offers praise glorifies Me; and to him who orders his conduct aright I will show the salvation of God.

* I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify Him with thanksgiving. This also shall please the Lord better than an ox or bull, which has horns and hooves.

I beseech you…brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service (or spiritual worship).

1 John 3:22; Heb. 11:6; Rom. 8:8; Ps. 149:4; 1 Peter 2:19-20; 1 Peter 3:4;
 Ps. 50:23; Ps. 69:30-31; Rom. 12:1





Thank you for sharing with us Cindy. 




No comments:

Post a Comment